- Dudhsagar Jeeps
- Eco Farms
- Adventure Sports
- Water Parks
- Unique Activities
Dudhsagar Falls, Goa, India.
The majestic “Dudhsagar Waterfall” located in the Braganza Ghat section of the Western Ghats. It is one of the tallest waterfalls in India measuring about 310m from head to foot. As the Mandovi river enters Goa, its headwaters split into four vertical streams at the very top of the mountain and cascade down a sheer cliff to form the exquisite four-tiered waterfall. During the monsoons the waterfall appears like a river of milk gushing down the mountainside. The surrounding lush greenery and the mist add to the scenic beauty making it look spectacular. Dudhsagar Waterfalls is a must visit adventure destination in Goa. The best way to get a full view of the Dudhsagar Waterfalls is to drive to the base of the falls. The Dudhsagar Tour Operators Association (DTOA) located in the village of Collem, near the falls, has been organizing Jeep Safari tours for the last 21 years (Since 1997). The jeep safari is an adventurous drive through 10km of dense deciduous forests of the Bhagwan Mahaveer Sanctuary and Mollem National Park. The 45 minute drive to the base of the waterfalls will take you meandering through lush green forests, flowing streams and rocky terrain. During the journey you may even spot various animals like deer, monkeys, tropical birds and rare species prevalent in the Western Ghats.
The Dudhsagar waterfall is at its peak splendour during the monsoon, from mid-June to September. Its falls wane out towards the summer from March to early June, but never actually runs dry. The best time to visit the Dudhsagar Waterfalls is from October to May.
Incidental Fees and charges:
1. Jeep Tour fee per person is Rs. 500/-. Children aged 4 and above have to be counted (as adult) and are charged full ticket.
2. A rental fee of Rs. 40/- is charged for each life jacket. Life jacket is compulsory for every person, as per the order of the District Magistrate.
3. A Forest entry fee of Rs. 50/- is charged per person by the forest department.
4. Additional fees are charged for cameras by the forest department.
Additional rules & information for bookings done online at www.ticketpapa.com:
1. Ensure to report at the DTOA counter 15 minutes before the time slot you have chosen while booking online.
2. Only the original sms and/or email confirmation received from www.ticketpapa.com will beaccepted at the DTOA counter. Forwarded sms will not be accepted.
3. Guests with online bookings will be allotted jeeps at the DTOA counter on the day of tour. The queue is cleared in a sequential manner for every time slot. Hence, a booking for a particular time slot may be delayed slightly. There is no absolute guarantee that you will be assigned a jeep exactly on time.
4. Please be patient if there are delays in jeep allotment due to unforeseen circumstances. Request you to accept the decision of the DTOA personnel as final and abiding.
5. Per person is allowed to book a maximum of only FIVE (5) jeeps per day via online booking
1. Each jeep accommodates 7 guests. Therefore one can book a jeep for Rs. 3500/-. Also, sharing is
accommodated when requested by guests. Do note it may take a while to assign a jeep as it depends on how quickly 7 guests can be identified.
2. Identity Proof: Please carry any one of the below original government approved photo identity
and address proof documents for verification purpose. Present it at the DTOA counter when requested.
Photo Identity accepted by DTOA: Aadhaar card, PAN, Driving License, Passport.
3. Once the jeep is assigned, guests are requested to immediately rent life-jackets and board the jeep.
4. The ride to the waterfall is approximately forty-five (45) minutes from the Forest Gate and not from the DTOA booking office. The return journey is also forty five minutes.
5. On arrival at the Dudhsagar Falls, guests are permitted 1 hour 30 minutes to spend time at the
falls. The time is calculated from alighting at the parking area till returning to the assigned jeep.
6. Please note the vehicle number of the jeep assigned to you. The same jeep will take you back to the start point of the tour.
7. Rules and regulations of the Forest Department have to be strictly followed by the guests.
8. Dudhsagar Falls is located in ‘Bhagwan Mahavir National Park / Wildlife Sanctuary’. Feeding of
monkeys and wildlife animals inside the Sanctuary is prohibited as per wildlife rules.
9. Use of plastic is banned inside the Sanctuary. Water bottles and/or plastic bags are to be brought back by the guests. Do not litter the forest.
10. Co-ordinator and receptionist at the DOTA counter will help the tourists in need.
11. Please drop your suggestions in the suggestion box.